permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Is anyone still reading this list?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Wages <jwages@earthlink.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Is anyone still reading this list?
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 14:43:40 +0000

I'm still here and have missed the postings on this list. Glad to see some
movement! It takes a lot of time and energy to keep up with something like
this, so your work is much appreciated, Lawrence.

My own efforts in permaculture are almost wholly focused on keeping the
magazine going. Permaculture Design is a key networking tool for North
American permaculture. You can always find upcoming PDCs and workshops listed
in our print magazine (yes, the Events and Calendar listings are a free
service to the community) and online (also free). Four times a year, we
strive to present a useful compendium of articles, many of which are focused
on a particular theme. May's theme was Mutual Aid. November's issue will be
built around forestry. Anyone with a project in woodlands management,
sustainable forestry, wildcrafting, agroforestry, or anything else
forestry-related (very timely and has been for the past 500 years if not
longer), consider writing an article for the issue. And for future issues.
We're reader-supported... there is no paid content from professional writers,
and our pages aren't filling up with advertising.

Incidentally, we finally completed the first generation digital archive of
all back issues up through #118. This goes all the way back to the beginning
of the Activist in the heady days of early permaculture in North America.
Inspiring to read if you have the time. These are available for free download
to all subscribers.

John

John Wages
Permaculture Design magazine