permaculture - [permaculture] Primeval wilderness posing as the yard around a home.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Primeval wilderness posing as the yard around a home.
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 13:35:00 -0400

I have a comment about this and it involves your typical Russian citizen
(as I would imagine them to be):
Last night I watched a great video by a Russian who made a rocket stove for
his use to cook with
he built it out of doors at his home using a variety of tools
one outstanding thing I noticed was the tiny masonry walkway leading to the
front door of his house,
not some ostentatious fancy wide as an elephant's ass walk with trimmed
lawn and perfunctory shrubs
not at all
both sides of the walk, the house foundation plantings, the yard were
filled with plants of many types and gardens like a primeval wilderness,
greenhouses and work sheds and covered workspaces could be seen in the
background.
CALL THE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION AND REPORT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was impressed and the video was useful
I would place a bet that this kind of non-apartment home in Russia is the
standard
you rarely see this in the US any more
Watch, appreciate and enjoy:
Ракетная печь/ВОЗВРАЩЕНИЕ
https://youtu.be/7eS-o1jM8ps
You can see his yard right from the beginning of the video - it is amazing.
I have always liked and preferred this type of landscape.
That is a NATURAL yard. Clean and environmentally pure within the limits of
what is possible given his shop activity. I'll bet he doesn't use any
pesticides in his garden at all.
This is a big deal. People can live like this instead of being herded like
cattle into barren high rise housing with no greenspace.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Primeval wilderness posing as the yard around a home., Lawrence London, 10/24/2018