permaculture - Re: [permaculture] High density urban design examples

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] High density urban design examples
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 22:17:39 -0400

Google John Todd of Ocean Arks international and other projects.
Start there.
The technology for natural biological sewage
treatment/recycling/bioremediation is well established now.
Natural swimming pool technology is well developed also. Just do Google
searches, one for information and data and the other for images.

People have built some really beautiful pools that purify the water
naturally with plants and possibly fish and possibly other aquatic
creatures.

This is a very complex project when you consider all the earthworks,
aquatic zones and impoundments, plant selection, constructed features,
the landscape architecture aspects, the art and a harmonious and nurturing
environment for the people who will use this facility. It is a fascinating
and challenging project. Maybe you should put together a small team of
people with specific knowledge and hands on skills.

I highly recommend doing a lot of Googling. Also consult the message
archives for this list and search them using the method described in the
list homepage.
You could look for Toby Hemenway's posts over the years, also Scott's and
the many info posts I have sent in on natural gardening.