permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Ocean Cleanup

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Carolyn Anderson <cschampagne@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Ocean Cleanup
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 15:17:28 -0400

This is astounding on so many fronts. Most notably the age of the people
leading it. I am so impressed and so humbled by this undertaking and wish
I had lottery money to contribute to its success. Here at home, I've been
working to eliminate plastic from my life - a nearly impossible task in
this day and age. I can't go back to 1950 and recreate how things were
then, before this scourge. I can only stay focused and conscious and do my
best to avoid buying things in plastic containers (the hardest part), buy
in bulk when possible as a way to either eliminate or reduce plastic
packaging, and always recycle that which I do end up using.

Thanks for sharing this inspiring article.

Carolyn