permaculture - Re: [permaculture] X Runoff Coefficient Terraforming for Water: TrenchBerms, Gabions, Dams, and Keyline Plowing 0.49 M - Google Docs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] X Runoff Coefficient Terraforming for Water: TrenchBerms, Gabions, Dams, and Keyline Plowing 0.49 M - Google Docs
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 20:55:44 -0400

X Runoff Coefficient Terraforming for Water: TrenchBerms, Gabions, Dams,
and Keyline Plowing 0.49 M - Google Docs
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QFRCaNya-6SBTBGAMG8fAqXRGktS_
E9LjsRshAC-Fos/edit#

<>

I became interested in natural agriculture and permaculture (though I did
not know it by name back then) around 1970. I later bought land and sought
to "terraform" it with an extensive network of raised beds for a market
farming venture I had planned.

Here are links to some of my online resources with photos of the farm
equipment I used. This one is a gallery of pix of the tractor and
implements, which include a Keyline plow and a large hiller-bedder pulled
by a John Deere 3020 tractor. This gallery also includes pix of my friend
(RIP) Eric Kindberg's implements.

Tractor Equipment

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/103223907782626104592/album/AF1QipPkatxYBapo4zTmQ86qHDeYSbIn-cROujABldIw?source=pwa

Here are pix of the raised beds created by the hiller-bedder before I added
a row of subsoilers to the rear toolbar.

Venaura Farm

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/103223907782626104592/album/AF1QipPeg2WzAi3sOl_RfGaseu35c759bM0B4QFSPry6?source=pwa

Here are pix of some of the hand tools in my collection. I planned to use
these to work the raised beds created by the hiller-bedder and keep the
tractor out of the fields.

Garden Tools

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/103223907782626104592/album/AF1QipMmtNr3amYJGuMnjlt1aRNbfNHF4iZHaMxMTkrp?source=pwa

You paper is one of the best things I have seen in years. You cover all my
favorite permaculture and natural agriculture topics. It should be able to
stimulate lengthy, in depth discussion discussion in this excellent sub.

Here is my website on garden tool design and fabrication.

Avant Geared

Here is a document I put together years ago, in need of updating.

Garden and Farm Handtool Sourcelist & Biointensive Gardening Guide

https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared/garden-and-farm-handtool-sourcelist-biointensive-gardening-guide