permaculture - Re: [permaculture] digest of some positive news from Permaculture Australia

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <robyn@permaculture.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] digest of some positive news from Permaculture Australia
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 08:24:34 +1000

WE’VE GOT SOME new stories at Permaculture Australia.

IN THE NEWS…

GUY STEWART has a good idea and it is to do with energy. It’s also a new way
for how we go about things at Permaculture Australia.
https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/…/a-renewables-policy…/
<https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/2018/05/01/a-renewables-policy-for-permaculture-australia/>
HERE IS A WORD of thanks to the hard working, southern NSW crew that
organised Australasian Permaculture Convergence 14 in Canberra.
https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/2018/…/22/apc14-thanks/
<https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/2018/04/22/apc14-thanks/>
WE WELCOME the new Directors’ Team which, with the Accredited Permaculture
Training Team, the Permafund Team and the Communications Team keep
Permaculture Australia going.
https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/…/apc14-elects-new-fa…/
<https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/2018/04/22/apc14-elects-new-faces/>
PERMACULTURE AUSTRALIA participated in the advocacy campaign for a more
considered approach to biosecurity rather than the federal government’s
one-size-fits-all proposal to fumigate some organic seeds imported into the
country — Australia imports most of the organic seed that seed companies
sell. As we learned at the Australasian Permaculture Convergence in Canberra
this April, that campaign was successful. Read Permaculture Australia’s
submission to the review.
https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/…/feedback-import-con…/
<https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/2018/04/28/feedback-import-conditions-for-brassicaceous-crop-seeds/>
IN OUR BLOG…

IN OUR PERMACULTURE AUSTRALIA BLOG, we visit the start of the Sharing Map
Sydney, a community-based initiative to map the city’s sharing economy
through which permaculture people can enact the design system’s third ethic
of ‘share what’s spare’.
https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/…/participatory-event…/
<https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/2018/05/01/participatory-event-maps-sydneys-sharing-economy/>
ALSO IN OUR BLOG is a report on an urban farming seminar in Sydney, urban
farming and food security being the big picture contexts of our home and
community gardens.
https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/…/food-security-the-r…/
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpermacultureaustralia.org.au%2F2018%2F05%2F01%2Ffood-security-the-real-focus-of-urban-farming%2F&h=ATNwM3ik405aBJuAYlZVAoY3T_xAY8KFEG3yDddHhU5gmIdL61b8kRLnyCKrNpOEcEhv4fVzYJDvhU-DDYcGfIy748bKf4nG98Uxn-LYNNUokJCQfxj5lhWzgPoNg-liQoJ7akYV>
REMEMBERING BILL IN PRINT…

WE CONTINUE OUR The Lost Stories — Remembering Bill in Print series in which
we reprint Bill Mollison’s articles from the pages of Permaculture
International Journal. This month we travel back to the 1980s with four of
Bill’s stories:

1983 - Aboriginal self-reliance: finding a way back
https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/…/1983-aboriginal-sel…/
<https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/2018/04/18/1983-aboriginal-self-reliance-finding-a-way-back/>
1984 — The bioregional association
https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/…/1984-the-bioregiona…/
<https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/2017/06/01/1984-the-bioregional-association/>
1985 - Reaching the Third World
https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/…/1985-reaching-the-t…/
<https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/2018/04/19/1985-reaching-the-third-world/>
1985 - Permaculture aid
https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/…/1985-permaculture-a…/
<https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/2017/06/02/1985-permaculture-aid/>
PERMACULTURAL LINKS…

ONLNE elsewhere is a photo essay of the Permaculture Festival in Canberra
that preceded Australasian Permaculture Convergence 14
https://pacific-edge.info/…/among-the-fruit-trees-the-conv…/
<https://pacific-edge.info/2018/04/among-the-fruit-trees-the-conviviality-of-permaculture-festival-2018/>
MEMBERS CAN PUBLISH…

Permaculture Australia members can publish their own stories on our blog and
list their business or other enterprises on our website. Following the
decision at April’s Australasian Permaculture Convergence, we will shortly be
changing our membership categories that will appear here:
https://permacultureaustralia.org.au/join_us-2/
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpermacultureaustralia.org.au%2Fjoin_us-2%2F&h=ATO44eSRIPj1VRC_t8EBFbb2P6-dyRUfNzTJAEVUX3Usliol1Yb24I3B_Zco36w3wdSd0K5XN0P4GlvJIRWvtfllQ-XBSdjCZPwvkawptUrNtdzh1Ve7wJ-DgtDM3hmeg4wXkLqr>
WE TRUST you will make the most of what remains of Autumn as you continue to
live permaculture’s ethics of caring for people, place and sharing whatever
you have that is spare.

…the Permaculture Australia Communications Team