permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Idiots with their hands in the cookie jar | Trump officially nominates climate-denying conservative talk radio host as USDA’s top scientist

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Idiots with their hands in the cookie jar | Trump officially nominates climate-denying conservative talk radio host as USDA’s top scientist
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 02:46:11 -0400

Steve Writes:
Yeah..ENLIGHTENING...that might be a next pastime.
Buddha spent his lifetime doing that.......after he figured out what to
teach them.
....something about Siddhartha in there too, somehow...
As they say "the world is run by those who show up"
and everyone, potentially, has something unique to offer
interesting to think about millions of people running around enlightening
each other about what they have discovered or truths they have realized
that could become a movement
Then I'll build all
these inflatable churches.
har har, _inflatable_ churches
like instant church for instant religion, inflated with donations from The
Gullible
I listen to a lot of short wave radio, particularly hams on SSB or AM phone.
Twice now during afternoons when I was taking cold showers outside I tuned
in some hams that were on the air to help enlighten each other about the
Word of Jesus.
I listened the whole time and sort of got the message, not digging too deep
into heavy theological things though.
I am learning how to have large colonies of dragonflies, in three wet
weather ponds and in an area on a concrete patio that gets lightly flooded
from a leaking outdoor faucet.
It is shallow and the dragonflies are there every day flying around looking
for mosquitoes. There are even a few frogs eggs in the water. It is a sight
to see. It shows how easy it is to live in perfect harmony with Nature and
encourage creatures to become part of the ecosystems that exist on your
property.
I was thinking about how great it would be to live in the Rhodope Mountains
in Bulgaria where people live very long lives, work hard and stay fit. They
have figured out how to get the Vitamin D and Omega 3 fatty acids in their
diet that keeps them in excellent health.

Lots have made significant movements from such
energies. What shall we call the church ?
The Church of Bob
The Church of the Subgenius where slack is of prime importance and everyone
has plenty of it.

Or maybe I'll take up playing the
flute and lead all my followers over the cliff. Thats a different Fairy
Tale.
------------
Just play a Shakuhatchi and read them Haiku.

Looking fwd to Scotts new book "The Tao of Permaculture " perhaps ?

I will most certainly buy a copy of it for myself. I have become interested
in Taoism.

So will I be the first Permaculture Church or have I missed that honour

No the opportunity is still open, you can be the first.

already. Mollison did mutter the beginnings of a Permaculture Political
Party which I had supported but it didn't get much traction.

That's a heavy thought, a permaculture political party; sounds like
something they would do in Iceland

I may get to IPC13 in India to do a wkshp titled the Big Picture. May send
ya the abstract for your critique.
That's actually a great topic for a workshop. Be sure to bring a big
whiteboard and crayons so you can record all the
brainstorming that will inevitably happening as the convocation evolves
Do send me the abstract and I will evaluate it for you.

But will certainly get to IPC14 in
Argentina thats looking like a great theme evolving. Their steak bbqs are
great too.
I'd ride my bike down there for those steaks!
What kind of energy is going into IPC14? What are people interested in?

Great to see so much debate out there on many little fires of interest of a
range of subjects, worldwide. The challenge I feel is to link all those
fires up perhaps in a chaordic manner so we can get the traction most of us
feel is needed.
..... Its all Natural....as well as permacultural. Everyone needs to keep
on keeping on
and keep the homefires burning.

I'm also putting a little energy into evolving a Permaculture International
College with others, based through continents then countries, regions,
districts, villages and neighbourhoods with solid structures, models,
process and procedure for all layers of learning.
GOOD! Keep energy pouring in to this dream! Make it happen. All things are
possible.
I think you have many years of works already done toward this goal. Use
this list to help make it happen.

Keep the good work up LL of linking and networking the pieces on all
subjects..keeping all fires burning and lighting more.

I will, you can count on it. I use the message archives for this list as an
encyclopedia;
wherever there is an Internet connection, you will have access to it.