permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [eu-pc-network] Re: Schooling the World - THE WHITE MAN'S LAST BURDEN -

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: Leo Bakx <leobakx@gmail.com>
  • Cc: europeanpermaculturenetwork <europeanpermaculturenetwork@googlegroups.com>, edu-permacultura-pt@googlegroups.com, transicao-portugal@googlegroups.com, ecolivingportugal@googlegroups.com, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, economiamaissolidaria@googlegroups.com, meio-ambiente-e-permacultura-acampada@googlegroups.com, pdc-meco-2012@googlegroups.com, pdcesporles2011@googlegroups.com, Robyn Francis <robyn@permaculture.com.au>, Alan Enzo <ecoenzo@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [eu-pc-network] Re: Schooling the World - THE WHITE MAN'S LAST BURDEN -
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:36:27 +1200

Yes Leo..feel your empathy. Like you having done a conventional university
teachers degree and taught in the conventional system we both see the many
gaps. We also see the "drop outs" or that 60% which did not fit that
conventional mould. We also see many other ways of teaching for the many
different intellects that we as a species makes up. I do feel however that
our original PDC and APDCs are still our cornerstone to evolve internships
and apprenticeships. I also feel that we could develop a lot more in our
styles of Masters and Doctorates. One interest I have is of seeing how we
can appeal to the multitudes of people that attend universities the world
over. Then at the other end our children. Of course is was great to be part
of the evolution of CHIPS. And, observing the evolution of the layers pre
PDC which Robyn Francis et al instigated and drove . Lets keep debating and
evolving. Steve Hart

On 13 July 2017 at 01:55, <leobakx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank Joao for sharing!
>
> Carol Black is very eloquent expressing the issues and distinctions of
> school and learning. A message we should all take into our hart, minds and
> hands, and into our daily practice as permaculture practitioners and
> teachers.
>
> The issues with learning and schooling are obviously now new though.
> Throughout the ages of empire (since the invention of location bound
> agriculture) there are voices questioning the wisdom of formal schools and
> their often undeclared agenda of perpetuating hierarchy and inequality.
>
> If there is anything we learn from history it is that we learn very little
> of it.
>
> Schools are very effective though. Let's resist the temptation. Let's
> leave the schooling to fish ;-)
>
> For my part, I've dropped the concept of offering structured courses with
> goals, tests and grades. I run a couple of basic community garden projects
> and people of all ages are welcome to join in and learn from their
> experience of gardening, caring for earth and people, sharing in the
> abundance with style. For fun and for free.
>
> So *out* with the PDC and *in* with the internships and apprenticeships?
> Learning communities? *Mobile* learning communities in a ubiquitous
> learn(ing)scape?
>
> l:-)
>

> On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 10:44:03 AM UTC+2, joao pedro goncalves wrote:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=schooling+the+world
>>

>> http://carolblack.org/schooling-the-world/
>>
>> "AN IMPECCABLE AND GORGEOUS PIECE OF WORK... IT SHOOK ME AWAKE."
>> ~JOANNA MACYFor more information please visit schoolingtheworld.orgFor a
>> limited time, the entire film is available below.
>>
>> http://carolblack.org/schooling-the-world/
>>

>> --
> for updates on the EuPN, also follow: permaculture-network.eu!
> ---
> googlegroups.com.

Kia ora Ehoa

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*
*Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology.​*
Skype: tipenemanawa
Phone: +64 220 75 62 11

Permaculture Global Design: