permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Seed Sowing Idea

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Seed Sowing Idea
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 02:44:01 -0400

If you want to plant hard seeds of fleshy berries, such that the chickens are not very interested in the seeds and have plenty to eat, it might work OK. I wonder about soft seeds like Amelanchier. Berries need to be plentiful and cheap.

It strikes me as a technique for a small niche.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada