permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] NOP was SCIENTIFIC SUPPRESSION

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] NOP was SCIENTIFIC SUPPRESSION
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 09:37:31 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steven McFadden <chiron@chiron-communications.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: [SANET-MG] NOP was SCIENTIFIC SUPPRESSION
To: sanet-mg@googlegroups.com

Wed, 2 Mar 2016

Kim wrote: "...Again we are back at the beginning, where those who like
to eat healthy have found you have to know your farmer."

In my view Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) stands out among the most
promising pathways for actually "knowing (*and supporting*) your farmer."

Knowing – rather than believing in the industry, the government or a third
party – is the ultimate certification.

To the extent that any CSA farm strives toward the ideals of Associative
Economics rather than competitive capitalism, they have potential to escape
what Grace appropriately identifies as an “economic treadmill.”

I regard CSA as a 21st Century agrarian initiative with tremendous
potential in different cultures to organize human beings – out of their
free will choices – around the essential matter of a renewed relationship
with the land that sustains them, as well as renewed relationships with
each other, and the basic health of land, animals and people that has
always been at the true heart of the organic movement.

~ Steven

Steven McFadden

*Chiron Communications
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiron-communications.com>*