permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: FW: [SANET-MG] Tine Weeders

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: FW: [SANET-MG] Tine Weeders
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 04:05:53 -0500

That implement, the hiller-bedder, was assembled by me from components
shipped to me by
Roll-A-Cone, in Tulia, Texas. All of the components were off the shelf
supplied by them. The
category 2 three point hitch double toolbar is a standard item from them.
They cut it to size at 8 feet for me and welded it up.
It was shipped common carrier to Durham NC and I picked it up there and
hauled it to my farm in my Toyota Tacoma.
I altered the original configuration by moving all the chisel shanks to the
front toolbar and adding two small subsoilers to the rear toolbar.
I wore out the original four wheel hubs for the 26 inch disks and they sent
me four new ones of an improved design; bolted the old disks to them and
kept on rolling.
For the purpose of making a four foot wide raised bed, the optimum width
for the average human being, this is the definitive hiller-bedder,
that is to say with the final configuration with four chisel tines on the
front toolbar and two subsoilers on the rear one. There does not need to be
any other components on this implement, no more and no less, this is the
best working configuration. As far as I am concerned this is the best
hiller bedder on the market, one that is inexpensive and easily shipped,
assembled and maintained. I may be the only person in the US who has every
owned and used one of these but of course you never know. One thing I do
know is that my parts selection and final implement configuration probably
can not be improved upon..
Call Roll-A-Cone and order one. I will send you a parts list.
That is the latest from the land of real, natural market farming. Of course
for me now it is market gardening using manual labor, mine alone, and hand
tools.

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Fwd: FW: [SANET-MG] Tine Weeders, Lawrence London, 12/18/2015