permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] Tine Weeders

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] Tine Weeders
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 04:03:00 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 12:45 AM
Subject: Re: [SANET-MG] Tine Weeders
To: sanet-mg@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 11:52 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here are much better photos of the hiller bedder showing the subsoilers in
> position and all the chisel tines in a row on the front toolbar, critical
> for optimal forming of the beds, much better than without the plows and
> with the chisel tines on front and rear toolbars. Only one of the two
> subsoilers is shown as the other hit a rock and got bent beyond usability,
> was later replaced with a new one. This implement is a hog for weeds.
>
> Bed forming implement used at Venaura Farm – Roll-A-Cone Hiller-Bedder
> Posted on March 29, 2010
>
> https://ecolandtech.wordpress.com/2010/03/29/bed-forming-implement-used-at-venaura-farm-roll-a-cone-hiller-bedder/

Even more, including equipment Eric Kindberg designed and built plus some
equipment he with in China.

Eric Kindberg’s bed forming implements and Roll-A-Cone hiller-bedder &
Yeomans plow used at Venaurafarm
https://ecolandtech.wordpress.com/2008/12/16/eric-kindbergs-bed-forming-implements-and-roll-a-cone-hiller-bedder-yeomans-plow-used-at-venaurafarm/
Comments from Eric:

*Eric Kindberg wrote in 2008:“Here is the bed former I built since 1985 and
sold.The Hawaiian land is the first time tilled for 20 years straight out
of brush; the lower three in Iowa 1997;the lower picture in Arkansas 1988.*

*Now, I build in China a much improved machine, more compact, easily
adapted to bed forming,cover crop knife roller and straight subsoiling for
pasture renovation, etc. , plus fertility amendments if one desires.”*
<>

The Yeomans Keyline plow is the tool to use for pasture renovation. It
improves water infiltration and distribution with minimal turf disturbance
and no soil inversion.
Here are a few Roll-A-Cone implements:
3 - Point Plows
http://www.roll-a-cone.com/3-point_plows.htm