permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] Consilience Enhances Resilience

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] Consilience Enhances Resilience
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 18:52:55 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Worstell <jim@deltanetwork.org>
Date: Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [SANET-MG] Consilience Enhances Resilience
To: sanet-mg@googlegroups.com

Sanet compadres,

If you haven't read Consilience by E. O Wilson, it is worth a couple of
hours on some snowy day when you want to sit by the fire anyway. Then
read his book Sociobiology and really learn something.

But, consilience does not refer to anything real. It's a hope Wilson has,
not reality.

Resilience on the other hand is real. Either a system survives or it
doesn't.

Anyone disagree?

Jim

You can download the book Consilience free at: http://wtf.tw/ref/wilson.pdf

http://www.motherearthnews.com/nature-and-environment/consilience-enhances-resilience-csa-zbcz1512.aspx

http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiron-communications.com

http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fr1.wisestamp.com%2Fr%2Flanding%3Fu%3Dafa0a4250c4ca423%26v%3D3.13.31.1-signed%26t%3D1450279582991%26promo%3D10%26dest%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.wisestamp.com%252Femail-install%253Futm_source%253Dextension%2526utm_medium%253Demail%2526utm_campaign%253Dpromo_10

> --
> Your use of this list constitutes agreement to abide by the SANET Terms of
> Use at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sanet-mg/OuearvWaHXo/sfD_lIdsCwAJ.
>
> To learn about digest mode or other settings visit
> https://support.google.com/groups/answer/1047839?hl=en.
> ---
> "SANET-MG" group.
> email to sanet-mg+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.