permaculture - [permaculture] NW Permaculture Convergence: Neighborhoods!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kelda Lorax <kelda@riseup.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] NW Permaculture Convergence: Neighborhoods!
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 14:51:32 -0700

2015 Northwest Permaculture Convergence in Eugene!

The 2015 Northwest Permaculture Convergence will take place August 28, 29 and 30 at the River Road Recreation Center, 3 miles northwest of downtown Eugene, Oregon. The theme this year is 'Greening our Neighborhoods with Permaculture'

This year's Convergence will be in a suburban neighborhood and will feature site tours to see many nearby examples of home-scale permaculture. There will be plenary sessions, panels, presentations and hands-on projects in the neighborhood. There will be an outdoor Expo that will include a Kids' Zone, a self-reliant skillshare area, educational exhibits and green businesses.

Out-of-town visitors will have access to home-stays and camping in the neighborhood. Participants are encouraged to minimize the use of cars. Like most of our events, food and childcare are included; to do so we ask that everyone volunteer for 2 hours during the event and bring bulk food items to share.

Keynote speakers (and other plenaries) are an example to the breadth of discussion we'll have on the neighborhoods theme:
Ravi Logan & Jason Schreiner- Multi Layer Overview of Greening River Road Neighborhood
Tom Allen- How Sustainable North East Seattle Developed
Jacqueline Cramer- Creating a Community Food Forest
David Zhang- The Culture in Permaculture
Chief Coker- Understanding Diversity not Defining it: The socio-political perspectives needed to fully utilize permaculture as a tool for successful cultivation of our new paradigm.
Abel Kloster-Watershed Scale Permaculture: Economy and Community in the Rural Landscape
Sarabel Eisenfeld- Cycles that Nourish Ourselves and Our Land: Reflections from Fostervillage Eco*Ville Community, Portland
Jan Spencer-Allies and Assets

For more information and updates, check out the Convergence website at www.northwestpermaculture.org.