permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture or Spermaculture? – Briarpatch Magazine

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture or Spermaculture? – Briarpatch Magazine
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 18:38:49 +1200

Well LL..what would you like me to offer ?..this debate and question has
been around a long time a lot longer than Permaculture too. And, will be
around for a long time to come. Permaculture is no different from any other
grouping in society anywhere on the planet. Most on this list live in a
reasonably equal western modern society, try living in Pakistan for awhile.

Montogomery says "we’re socialized to be competitive, individualistic,
assertive, and authoritative. We tend to talk first, loudest, and longest,
and we’re often rewarded and encouraged when we do.” " Thats a relevant
view point. There could easily be a dozen more similarly.

Another view is "
Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: A Practical Guide for
ImprovingCommunication
and Getting What You Want in Your Relationships: How to Get What You Want
in Your Relationships
​"

One thing we all need to remind ourselves is that we are in fact different,
and, in many ways​. Recognise it and work with it rather than against it.

Another great book is "Manipulated Man" by Esther Vilar.

We could fill a library on the subject.

It would be a strange day if we all had equal amounts of testosterone and
oestrogen, wouldn't it, excuse the pun.

I like the story that not too long ago women were recognised as food
gathers and nurturers men as hunters and collectors, also as rapists and
pillagers. Now some years on seeing that the planet earth is totally raped
and pillaged its time for re-nurturing in order to save the species. So
hopefully the female gene will take over before its all too late. Hurry up
please its nearly 12 o'clock. Steve Hart

--
Kia ora

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*
*Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology.​*
Skype: tipenemanawa
Phone: +64 220 75 62 11

Permaculture Global Design: