permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture in viticulture?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture in viticulture?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 08:38:45 -0600

I read some years ago a text on viticulture in Portugal but I can't find my
book. What stood out for me was that the Portuguese farmer used pollarded
elm as support for the grape vines. The elm was supposed to have a
beneficial effect.

If I find the book I will post the title and author, but it was a very old
book and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

Scott P.

"To change something build a new model that makes the existing model
obsolete" Buckminster Fuller