permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Mollison Quote Source

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Mollison Quote Source
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:11:32 +1300

Wow...that Mollison interview by Scott Vlaun brings back many memories,
since my first PDC with him in 1981. It also shows very loudly the poetic
license and gross exaggeration and distortion of any sense of truth that
Mollison was in the height of through those heady years. Its a shame that
so many take all his words so seriously,as if they were factual. But the
real fact is that most were far from that. The theatre of Mollison. But it
was a great evangelising tool which spread like wild fire. And, needed to
be. The urgency has not dimmed, perhaps its even greater. And there are
even more challenges today than 35 & 25 years ago. It would be great to
bring some honesty, integrity and more rigour into the whole movement along
with higher standards and more excellence to now prove by example. Sure
there are many great examples out there now, but we still have a long way
to go. As a movement I feel we have not emerged out of the weed,
successional phase yet. It would be great to excell onto the pioneer stage.
Then the drama will begin.

Great read thanks Jason and Scott..its that time of year to flash back to
memories. Then look ahead.......Steve Hart

--
Kia ora

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*
Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments
Skype: stevenlawrencehart
Phone: +64 220 75 62 11
Permaculture Global Design: