permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Trojan Horses and Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Trojan Horses and Permaculture
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 19:48:35 -0400

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Jason Gerhardt
<jasongerhardt@gmail.com>wrote:

> My biggest concern is the predominance of these tech savvy folks out there
> basically controlling the internet search results for permaculture. But

Here's more that will shed more light on this distributed pc poseur gang
(i.e. multiple cooperating individuals and organizations):

John and others will get a laugh out of this one:

A SubReddit - the following explains all...

http://www.reddit.com/r/PaulWheatonWatch/

subscribe <http://www.reddit.com/subreddits/search?q=permaculture#>

/r/PaulWheatonWatch: Paul Wheaton
Watch<http://www.reddit.com/r/PaulWheatonWatch/>

A subreddit for all who are concerned about the behaviour of Paul
Wheaton<http://www.reddit.com/r/PaulWheatonWatch/search?q=paulwheaton&sort=new>,
deposed moderator of r/permaculture <http://www.reddit.com/r/permaculture>,
r/selfsufficiency <http://www.reddit.com/r/selfsufficiency> and current
moderator of r/homestead <http://www.reddit.com/r/homestead>, particularly
known for his inability to deal with dissenting opinions and having ranting
and insulting meltdowns whenever confronted.

and various threads:

So we know Paul Wheaton spams Reddit with a ton of self-promotional
material from his link farms and ad farms, but just how much and how often?
Click on the links in this post to find
out.<http://www.reddit.com/r/PaulWheatonWatch/comments/11brek/so_we_know_paul_wheaton_spams_reddit_with_a_ton/>
(self.PaulWheatonWatch <http://www.reddit.com/r/PaulWheatonWatch/>)
submitted 11 months ago* by
PaulWheatonWatch<http://www.reddit.com/user/PaulWheatonWatch>

For those who arent tecnologicaly inclined heres an interesting method for
bypassing IP-bans on certain forums which ostensibly dont belong to
Wheaton<http://www.reddit.com/r/PaulWheatonWatch/comments/zc6qi/for_those_who_arent_tecnologicaly_inclined_heres/>
(self.PaulWheatonWatch <http://www.reddit.com/r/PaulWheatonWatch/>)
submitted 1 year ago* by
PaulWheatonWatch<http://www.reddit.com/user/PaulWheatonWatch>

And this one explains everything, why and how John got cheated out of $80;
just read between the lines and put 2 & 2 together. The links to this whole
internet investigation of "the duke of pc" has reached enormous
proportions. Its all of his own making and actually this post will likely
indirectly help his pocketbook.

<http://imgur.com/SABKQ>

The rabbit hole goes deeper? Ruh-roh! <http://imgur.com/SABKQ>
(imgur.com<http://www.reddit.com/domain/imgur.com/>
)
submitted 1 year ago by
PaulWheatonWatch<http://www.reddit.com/user/PaulWheatonWatch>

The text to read is in a .png image file:
http://imgur.com/SABKQ
http://i.imgur.com/SABKQ.png

Here's a link to the Portland Permaculture Guild
https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/ppg

maybe others in this list are participating members there

<>

I am convinced he cares not about negative publicity; it only helps his SEO
ratings, in some wierd way;
again, as you say, tech-savvy types at work, using and exploiting PC for
profit, fame, control, profit, profit, profit

> what can one do? I'll just keep on doing good work and let that speak for
> itself; in the end that is what's important. I will not, however, remain
> silent as the term permaculture gets construed for self-service and
> profit-taking. I hope others will do the same, it should be clear by now
> what is really going on over there.
>
> Just an update: my comment at PRI was never posted (3 days later, with
> numerous other comments going up) and I discovered my e-mail has been
> flagged in their system where I don't get the chance to review/confirm my
> own comments. Just an observation, could be corrected at any time.

Control freaks!! Censorship!