permaculture - Re: [permaculture] fermented plant teas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] fermented plant teas
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 22:08:14 +0100

Traditionally where I come from always nettle (Urtica dioica) tea was used for feeding plants. Nettle tea is mentioned in medieval writings more than a thousand years old.
john

Greetings.

I've been making a regular batch of comfrey/horsetail tea to mix into my
spray tank & watering jugs. Has anyone experimented with any plants other
than comfrey & horsetail? Can you direct me to any good sources for more
info on the topic? In particular, I'm wondering about fermenting some
canada thistle, maybe bull thistle too. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Mitch Triplett
Tri-Pearl Family Forest
Member - CCFFA/OSWA, OTFS, BLA, OWC, and FSC