permaculture - Re: [permaculture] fermented plant teas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: tanya <tanyagarden@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] fermented plant teas
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 21:59:32 -0700

I've been making fermented tea with nettles and comfrey for years. I've
also added borage to nettle or comfrey tea. I don't get reseeding from
comfrey, and I don't mind nettles and borage coming up all over the place.
It's probably ok to use any plant that you want, as long as it's not
something invasive (from seeds or rhizomes) that you don't want to be
pulling up. I'd also be wary of using diseased plants.

Phil Nauta had an article on fertilizers you can make yourself,
highlighting comfrey and nettle teas, and diluted urine.
http://www.smilinggardener.com/organic-fertilizers/homemade-fertilizer<http://www.smilinggardener.com/organic-fertilizers/homemade-fertilizer?awt_l=NS1s.&awt_m=3XbPYydyaf2DE1m&utm_source=aweber&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20130601&utm_campaign=broadcast>

I haven't tried horsetail, but I've always grown it in containers so
haven't had extra to experiment with.