permaculture - [permaculture] PC used car salesman alert, vlad award candidate...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] PC used car salesman alert, vlad award candidate...
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 05:11:45 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [compost_tea] PVC - Paul Taylor
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 23:26:43 -0000
To: compost_tea@yahoogroups.com

I just ran into a bloke teaching a permaculture course who is teaching that PVC drastically reduces bacterial development used in a compost tea brewer. There are a lot of bad things about PVC but inhibiting bacterial growth in a compost tea brewer is not one of them.

It is what I use and I don't think anyone can say my brews lack microorganisms. This guy is telling people not to purchase the <...> brewers on this basis and of course <....> and many others. He is looking for a lawsuit if he cannot back this up with a legitimate study.

When I asked for the source of his information he named Paul Taylor of Australia.

I replied to the list with this comment:

"That is ridiculous. He will incur the wrath of the permaculture community as they do indeed tend to take a hard look at how others
use the name permaculture to promote their businesses. This would be labelled snake oil and would give the movement a bad name, important because so many honest professionals depend on the public seeing permaculture as being credible. "

  • [permaculture] PC used car salesman alert, vlad award candidate..., venaurafarm, 03/26/2013