permaculture - Re: [permaculture] mycorhizae thread - this gem of info: plant selection of appropriate VAM's & VAM-stimulating natural plant extracts

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] mycorhizae thread - this gem of info: plant selection of appropriate VAM's & VAM-stimulating natural plant extracts
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 14:31:04 -0400

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>wrote:

> There are more posts in this thread in the sanet-mg archives that this
> forwarded post from me was included in.
> There were replies with a lot more info on :
> 1) "determine how the different crop plants differentially select for
> certain
> species of VAM among all that are availible in the soil."
> 2) "that certain natural, plant-produced chemicals can
> stimulate the existing VAM to higher levels of activity. These
> chemicals were originally derived from red clover"
> [a group actually produced such extracts to make a marketable ag product
> from]
>
> Also, Dale Wilson mentioned a researcher in Indiana who took soil samples
in a large region of that state in order to catalogue the different
varieties of VAM's that occurred and what their plant associations were. I
will try to find this post or article on the web.

> I will find them and post them here.

red clover extract that stimulates vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae
https://www.google.com/search?q=natural+plant+extracts+that+stimulate+vesicular+arbuscular+mycorrhizae&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&gs_rn=7&gs_ri=psy-ab&gs_mss=red%20clover%20extract%20that%20stimulate%20vesicular%20arbuscular%20mycorrhizae&tok=Lwq_wZ4JsmvBVingydpWaw&pq=natural%20plant%20extracts%20that%20stimulate%20vesicular%20arbuscular%20mycorrhizae&cp=34&gs_id=4ik&xhr=t&q=red+clover+extract+that+stimulates+vesicular+arbuscular+mycorrhizae&es_nrs=true&pf=p&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&sclient=psy-ab&oq=red+clover+extract+that+stimulates+vesicular+arbuscular+mycorrhizae&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44158598,d.dmQ&fp=5f5b50af68174618&biw=1600&bih=1019

1. The Influence of *Vesicular*-*Arbuscular Mycorrhiza* on Growth
*...*- JStor<http://www.jstor.org/stable/2431986>
www.jstor.org/stable/2431986
by K Hardie - 1981 - Cited by
146<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&cites=7188355155794001473&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CDUQzgIwAA>-
Related

articles<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=related:Qf5yvO0qwmMJ:scholar.google.com/&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CDYQzwIwAA>
*Vesicular*-*arbuscular* (VA) *mycorrhizal* infection of *red
clover*grown in phosphate
*...* enhanced the concentration of P in the tissues,
*stimulated*growth of root and shoot
*...* *Mycorrhizal* plants were able to *extract* soil moisture down to
lower water *...*
2.
THE INFLUENCE OF *VESICULAR*‐*ARBUSCULAR MYCORRHIZA*
*...*<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-8137.1981.tb02339.x/abstract>
Phytologist<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/%28ISSN%291469-8137>›
Vol
89 Issue
4<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/nph.1981.89.issue-4/issuetoc>
by KAY HARDIE - 2006 - Cited by
146<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&cites=7188355155794001473&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CEIQzgIwAQ>-
Related

articles<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=related:Qf5yvO0qwmMJ:scholar.google.com/&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CEMQzwIwAQ>
May 2, 2006 – *Vesicular*-*arbuscular* (VA) *mycorrhizal* infection of *red
clover* grown in *...* tissues, *stimulated* growth of root and shoot
but reduced the root/shoot ratio. *...* *Mycorrhizal* plants were able
to *extract* soil moisture down to lower water *...*
3.
Isolation and Identification of *Vesicular*-*Arbuscular Mycorrhiza* *...
* <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC182728/>
1991<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/issues/5883/>
by MG Nair - 1991 - Cited by
172<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&cites=15412015669858937330&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CE8QzgIwAg>-
Related

articles<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=related:8imyaph64tUJ:scholar.google.com/&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CFAQzwIwAg>
At 5 ppm, these compounds *stimulated* hyphal growth in vitro and root
colonization *...* The role of *arbuscular mycorrhiza* in zinc uptake by
*red clover* growing in a *...*
4.
Spore production by the *vesicular*-*arbuscular mycorrhizal* fungus *...
* <http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF00257660>
link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF00257660
by M Giovannetti - 1988 - Cited by
20<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&cites=6046441059652699291&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CFgQzgIwAw>-
Related

articles<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=related:m4TvuxtG6VMJ:scholar.google.com/&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CFkQzwIwAw>
Apr 1, 1988 – The *vesicular*-*arbuscular mycorrhizal* fungus Glomus
monosporum was inoculated on grapevine (Vitis vinifera), *red
clover*(Trifolium pratense),
*...*
5.
Isolation and Identification of *Vesicular*-*Arbuscular* *...* -

ResearchGate<http://www.researchgate.net/publication/7422452_Isolation_and_Identification_of_Vesicular-Arbuscular_Mycorrhiza-Stimulatory_Compounds_from_Clover_%28Trifolium_repens%29_Roots>
www.researchgate.net/.../7422452_Isolation_and_Identificatio...
*...* Identification of *Vesicular*-*Arbuscular Mycorrhiza*-Stimulatory
Compounds from *Clover* *...* At 5 ppm, these compounds
*stimulated*hyphal growth in vitro and root
*...*
6.
PLOS Biology: Strigolactones *Stimulate Arbuscular Mycorrhizal*
*...*<http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pbio.0040226>
www.plosbiology.org/.../info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal....
by A Besserer - 2006 - Cited by
214<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&cites=7373245409551917941&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CGkQzgIwBQ>-
Related

articles<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=related:dSMfhqIHU2YJ:scholar.google.com/&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CGoQzwIwBQ>
(2006) Strigolactones *Stimulate Arbuscular Mycorrhizal* Fungi by
Activating *....* This rapid method for detecting strigolactones
directly in plant tissue *extracts* has not *....* orobanchol, from *red
clover* [15]; and 5-deoxy-strigol, from L. japonicus [16]. *.....* by CO
2 and root exudates in *vesicular*-*arbuscular mycorrhizal* symbiosis.
7.
Stimulatory Compounds from *Clover* (Trifolium repens)
Roots<http://aem.asm.org/content/57/2/434.full.pdf>
aem.asm.org/content/57/2/434.full.pdf
by MG Nair - 1991 - Cited by
172<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&cites=15412015669858937330&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CHIQzgIwBg>-
Related

articles<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=related:8imyaph64tUJ:scholar.google.com/&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CHMQzwIwBg>
Nov 26, 1990 – Stimulatory Compounds from Clover (Trifolium repens)
Roots *...* At 5 ppm, these compounds *stimulated* hyphal growth in
vitro and root *...* *Vesicular*-*arbuscular mycorrhizae* (VAM) result
from a *...* under vacuum, a solution of the *extract* in CHCl3-MeOH *
.....* from 14 ppm in alfalfa to 1,700 ppm in *red clover* (16).
8.
ICOM3 Abstracts - *Mycorrhiza* Information
Exchange<http://mycorrhiza.ag.utk.edu/latest/icoms/icom3/icom3.htm>
*mycorrhiza*.ag.utk.edu/latest/icoms/icom3/icom3.htm
Electrophysiology of *vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizal* fungi.
*...*stages of
*arbuscular mycorrhiza* on uptake of zinc and phosphorus by *red
clover*from
*.....* The ectomycorrhizal fungal community in soil as identified from
soil DNA *extracts*. *....* chemical signals from a host root exudate
synergistically *stimulate* hyphal branching of *...*
9.
[PDF] Bibliography on *Vesicular Arbuscular
Mycorrhizae*<http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/PNAAP692.pdf>
pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/PNAAP692.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
Introduction. This bibliography on *vesicular*-*arbuscular
mycorrhizal*associations was motivat
*...* to *stimulate* nutrient uptake by plants. The dis- *....* and
othfe nutrients to be *extracted* frc very inoculum *.....* irrigation,
bee pollination of *red clover* cv.
10.
[PDF] Effect of mycorrhization on the isoflavone content -

bashanfoundation<http://www.bashanfoundation.org/horst/horstphytoestrogen.pdf>
www.bashanfoundation.org/horst/horstphytoestrogen.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick
View<https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:S5RxIzf58lIJ:www.bashanfoundation.org/horst/horstphytoestrogen.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjQWqrEaYT59klC4aOPT9YXZkPefdflFUrx_PZcmp3Tj_Qb94-CNicLiHIDRVBw2b4g-SkV7hdkgZKeIZoqR0k9PumuD3eDiqGjXP7ne6iUjGxL5t3KHtWSEZPL63_RImSU5tbd&sig=AHIEtbRu04nQfo2JStm1Ceh5c5JFqbS3xA>
by T Khaosaad - 2008 - Cited by
17<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&cites=8192210883013882769&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CIoBEM4CMAk>-
Related

articles<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=related:kbMh12SUsHEJ:scholar.google.com/&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=I_NNUfbHCIix0QGMu4GIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CIsBEM8CMAk>
*Red clover*, known for its estrogenic activity due to its isoflavones
content (biochanin. A, genistein *...* doubled compared with
non-mycorrhizal control plants, and this growth-*stimulating*
effect of *arbuscular
mycorrhiza* did not affect the estrogenic activity of *red clover*. In a
control P *...* Plant *extracts* containing polyphenolic com- *...*