permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Who is this + 'GOT BALLS?'

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Who is this + 'GOT BALLS?'
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:24:37 -0500

On 2/27/2013 10:53 AM, deston denniston wrote:
Its nice to see so many people coming aware of the need to get a national
conversation and standard set in regards to certification. Its also nice to
see that the six years Ive been watching Vlad and calling him a menace is
finally being seen by others (there have been a few, but this is the surge of
awareness I had hopped to see six years ago, when I had some verbal sparring
right here on ibiblio with him, prior to his exorcism... Yay! a national
standards conversation and some headway made to a national certifying body!
Our permaculture mind is often moribund- many people fail in permaculture
'businesses' not because permaculture is flawed, but because they think it
solves all the problems. However, it doesn't directly model the necessary
actions for business success- that's not its job. It also says use multiple
elements for each function. So it pays to have other forms and models of life
assessment and arrangement to work with that are complimentary
to ones cash resliency and stability. With that, I entreat you to check out
our kickstarter project. VETS_CAFE is producing Illuminated text and site
designs for 2.5 acre veteran owned organic permaculture farm via a PDC. Your
support gets you seedballs, which we have the capacity to produce at a few
hundred pounds a day, and capacity increases every time we tinker with it...
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/694901181/vets-cafe-a-permaculture-design-project/posts...
GOT BALLS?

A big thumbs up to you Deston. I ran across your Google+ page and found references to your work to post here.
This looks like a great model to follow: using a kickstarter or indiegogo to raise money to buy land for groups of people
who otherwise would not be able to do this, as a group or individually. Organize people by interest and find land for them
to like and work on. It is getting cheaper to put together resources for survival on land, dwelling, heat, cooking, food, off the grid power;
drill a well and put a manually operated pump in it or use a spring. Idyllic.

eat a simple diet
buy food in bulk
grow your own
preserve food by drying and fermentation
grow in greenhouses, cold frames, hoop houses, row tunnels
use recycled materials

Paul Wheaton and permies.com deserve considerable credit for hosting an array of subforums that are filled with
people posting encyclopedias of information on frugal living, homesteading, back-to-the-land and basic survival.
From there you wlll find links to many other sites specializing in related subjects.

This needs to be approached wholistically, all need to work together to survive and thrive.