permaculture - [permaculture] solar electric tractor

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] solar electric tractor
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 07:38:20 -0700

Electric cars have a few downsides. One is battery weight - which is
an advantage for a tractor because the tractor gets extra traction.
In fact, most diesel and gasoline tractors have weight added.
Another issue is range - not a problem for a tractor because it rarely
travels very far away from the charging station.

This is Steve Heckeroth's Solar Electric Tractor model 12. And we
even get a quick tour of the solar part!

http://www.permies.com/forums/posts/list/80/2741#178189

--

Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
domination: http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp

  • [permaculture] solar electric tractor, paul wheaton, 02/11/2013