permaculture - [permaculture] Growing Food, new Google+ Community Re: Interesting

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Growing Food, new Google+ Community Re: Interesting
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 23:05:22 -0500

On 12/7/2012 12:02 AM, Cory Brennan wrote:
http://inhabitat.com/new-urban-algae-system-generates-energy-while-cleaning-sewage-water-in-paris/
http://inhabitat.com/live-share-grow-vertical-farm-could-produce-10-of-san-diegos-produce/vertical-farm-in-san-diego-brandon-martella-2/?extend=1
According to the FDA, the average American alone consumes 707.7lbs of fruits
and vegetables each year and the residents of San Diego consume 21,310,000 lb
a year. Martella’s tower would provide enough space to group about 532,000
lbs of produce every 3 months. This is approximately 10% of the produce the
city consumes – a sizable portion of the city’s needs and produced in a
sustainable and local facility. The produce sold through the open air market
would contribute towards the local economy serving residents and restaurants
a like, while providing jobs to local residents, even residents that live
inside the tower.
Koreen Brennan
www.growpermaculture.com
www.facebook.com/growpermaculturenow
www.meetup.com/sustainable-urban-agriculture-coalition

Koreen and anyone else. Google+ Communities has started up and someone created one called:

Growing Food
Making things grow, and eating them.
183 members
About
This community is all about gardeners growing our own fruits and vegetables, and then eating them (cooked or otherwise). Organic gardening, urban agriculture, hydroponics, community gardens, heirloom varieties, saving seed, preserving and canning, favorite recipes and so on are all on topic here.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104184686549676140421?cfem=1

If you have a Google+ account and want an invitation to join this community let me know and I will send you one.

LL
https://plus.google.com/103323666932740258290/posts

  • [permaculture] Interesting, Cory Brennan, 12/07/2012
    • [permaculture] Growing Food, new Google+ Community Re: Interesting, venaurafarm, 12/07/2012