permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Will you help describe this pattern?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Thomas Naisbitt <johntnaisbitt@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Will you help describe this pattern?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 16:16:52 -0700

On a side note, a few K9 breeds have been developed in history for
maintaining rat populations at a minimum on boats and barges. European
breeds, such as the Schipperke, have been around since the mid to late
1800's which was a very significant era of the transworld shipping trade
and large infestations of brown rats on a global scale due to those trades.

Rats are tough, social, and have few successful predators. I like the
artificial sweetener idea in the Diet Coke, but it is a poison and the long
term downstream effect could impact another predator or scavenger species
in the neighborhood. (not to mention giving $$ to Coca Cola Co.).

Anyways, my two bits. Good luck.

John