permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture definitions,

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture definitions,
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:18:00 -0500

On 11/28/2012 2:49 PM, Toby Hemenway wrote:
On Nov 28, 2012, at 9:54 AM, venaurafarm wrote:

Phil Ferraro, Director Institute for Bioregional Studies writes
about Permaculture: "The term, permaculture, was patented by, Bill
Mollison in the early 1970's

Just want to correct, probably unnecessarily, the error about Pc
being patented. It never was patented or trademarked. Bill
misunderstood copyright law and stated and wrote wrongly, many times,
that permaculture was a copyrighted term. No one can copyright a
word, an idea, concept, or a process (the last can be patented). He
could have trademarked the term but did not, and when he or someone
else tried years later, I believe that the trademark office ruled
that the term is now too widely used to be trademarked, and is in the
public domain.

I should add a footnote reflecting that, w/o altering the original text.

Thanks for the clarification, Toby.

Have you looked at the Paleo diet? There is some pretty heavy stuff there. I read through this at the time the BB article came out and was impressed. LL

<>

http://www.amazon.com/It-Starts-Food-Discover-Unexpected/dp/1936608898
It Starts with Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways

Food can change your life in unexpected ways. It Starts With Food will show you how. It Starts With Food outlines a clear, balanced, sustainable plan to change the way you eat forever--and transform your life in unexpected ways. Your success story begins ...

http://www.wildnessandwonder.com/
Wildness and Wonder | Adventures in Evolutionary Living and Living Well

Wildness and Wonder - Adventures in Evolutionary Living and Living Well
http://boingboing.net/2012/08/15/where-do-we-come-from-where-a.html

"What has come to be known as the paleo diet has been around since the 1970s, but in recent times (thanks to the advent of the decidedly-non-paleolithic Internet), it's really exploded in popularity. Of course, anything popular enough begets a conference. Paleo is no exception. This past weekend, the Harvard Food Law Society and the Ancestral Health Society joined to present the second annual Ancestral Health Symposium, which momentarily infested Twitter under the hashtag #AHS12."

Where Do We Come From? Where Are We Going? The Ancestral Health Symposium 2012
"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots." —Marcus Garvey (Author with Paleo Solution author Robb Wolf at AHS11)