permaculture - [permaculture] AP and black soldier fly?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] AP and black soldier fly?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 18:49:32 +0200

I came across another nice thing to combine with an aquaponic system: black soldier fly farming. Especially in low density systems (with fish way below the maximum stocking rate, mainly for safety reasons, or where fish is not part of the diet) it is great, I have been told. The 'tea' is highly nutrien rich, and can be directly added to the water (after it leaves the fish tank), with great results. The mature lavae are a high protein high calcium fish food.

http://www.blacksoldierflyfarming.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetia_illucens

Experiences with these grubs, anyone?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,