permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Brief comments on Natural Farming

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Brief comments on Natural Farming
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 08:05:20 -0700 (PDT)

There is something about the idea of NF being elitist. NFers certainly don't
have the idea of feeding the people very close to their heart. Anyways,
calling it feudalistic is stretching things a little. Most of all, NF is NOT
a "concept". Thinking of it in terms of a static concept will lead you into
the wrong direction. It is in its very essence dynamic, IF it does exist.
And that is a big if. Attaching Buddhist or other labels to it doesn't help
either. Linda was right about the idea of "design" distinguishing NF most
clearly from Permaculture. Aside from that, it could be pretty much
anything. It presupposes a "dialogue with nature" that will not be confined
into the straightjacket of any preconceived "design". Nature is always
different, in each place, at each time, for each of us. There is no
one-fit-all solution to it. That is uncomfortable. That is the challenge.