permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture standards

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Daniel Jager <dfjager@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture standards
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 18:25:22 -0700 (PDT)

I do not understand this incessant need to "get the message out". That
equates in my view with "educate the ignorant masses"!

Who or what educated Bill Mollison? Was it really his university studies? Or
were it his own observations and experience deep in the forests of Tasmania?

Who educated Fukuoka? Was it not his own observations, his own awareness?

Question is: How can you possibly teach THAT to someone else. I say you can't.

At best, a few students will grasp it, most will just repeat blindly without
looking, at worst you will get people that jump in and "help organize to
movement", to "make guidebooks on protocols and standards", etc, and downhill
from there.

Daniel