permaculture - [permaculture] Nth American Conf- karma, praxis or ekistics or ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Nth American Conf- karma, praxis or ekistics or ?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:49:24 +0200

NTH AMERICAN CONFERENCE: Karma, Praxis or Ekistics or ?

I do agree with your sentiments Bob, and its great to read the comment on
where, why, how and when for a NAPC. My professional background and primary
activity is in Architecture combined with Landscape Architecture and of
late Urban Design melded through Permaculture. What I have observed and
written a little about is the need to rebuild community from the family
unit to the neighbourhood and up. What I have also observed is that the
evolving generation communicates electronically most of all. I'm now asking
can we as a species not meet face to face at all ? if so what type of
character will we evolve to ? Personally I like the F2F. There is another
level of communication in fact probably many more levels that can not be
replaced by electronically. Beyond this is the very nature of spirit,
astral and etheric energies and probably a few more. Will the electronic
generation assist in destroying what we are trying to rebuild ? Family ?
Neighbourhood ? Community ? and perhaps self esteem and the capacity to
communicate F2F ? So where does that leave the electronic lobby ? Perhaps
the technology can assist in booming all connections to as wide a field as
possible while the F2F's enjoy their pleasures arriving in the fuel
vaporised buses or by yacht up the St Lawrence or through the Mississippi
or hot air balloon or ? or ?....Steve Hart