permaculture - [permaculture] Fw: You're making history. Now bring your friends along too.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Amir Redzic <redzic_amir@yahoo.com>
  • To: bhfront <bhfront2003@yahoogroups.com>, PermaBiH <permakultura-u-bih@googlegroups.com>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fw: You're making history. Now bring your friends along too.
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 06:09:58 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 7/11/12, Ben Ayliffe, Greenpeace

From: Ben Ayliffe, Greenpeace <international@mailing.greenpeace.org>
To: redzic_amir@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 9:36 PM

#yiv1986125228 a {color:#0270a0;text-decoration:underline;}

Hi Amir

Thank you for helping us save the home of the polar bear by adding
your voice to the thousands calling for the pristine Arctic to be protected
from greed and exploitation. But to succeed we need more people to join us.
Please share this campaign with everyone you know now:

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Please also forward the email below to your family and friends.

Remember, we've succeeded before. Thirty years ago we launched a
similar campaign to protect the Antarctic. Nobody thought we would succeed,
but we did, and we created a world park around the South Pole. Now the Arctic
is calling,

Ben Ayliffe

Lead Polar Campaigner, Greenpeace

Dear friends,

I've just signed up to save the Arctic, home of the polar bear, at
www.savethearctic.org

I need you to join me too.

Right now there's a dangerous shadow looming over the pristine
Arctic. As you read this email, oil companies and politicians are plotting to
carve up the icy North, extending their national territories and searching
for drill sites.

Protect the Arctic now and save the polar bear!

The Arctic ice is melting, uncovering oil reserves laid bare because
of climate change. This year, the first major oil company - Shell - plans to
ignite the Arctic oil rush by drilling in those waters. All to feed
humanity’s endless addiction to oil.

The irony of this is sickening.

The very companies causing climate change and the melting of the
Arctic ice are set to profit from it, even as they destroy precious habitats
and endanger wildlife in the process. It’s a vicious circle.

And it's not just oil drillers. Industrial fishing fleets are moving
into the melting waters threatening the local communities who have fished
there sustainably for thousands of years.

But you can stop it.

Join the campaign for an Arctic sanctuary and a ban on oil drilling
and industrial fishing in Arctic waters. Sign now. Together we can protect
the Arctic, home of the polar bear.

To no longer receive these messages from SaveTheArctic.org, please
click Unsubscribe or send a postal mail to:

Greenpeace International, Ottho Heldringstraat 5, 1066 AZ Amsterdam,
The Netherlands