permaculture - [permaculture] PDC in Raglan NZ this March- Designing for Change

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: loren luyendyk <loren@sborganics.com>
  • To: Permaculture Listserve <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] PDC in Raglan NZ this March- Designing for Change
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 06:27:56 +0000

March 4th-18th, 2012

Permaculture Design Certification Course
Designing for Change

Facilitated By Surfers Without Borders and Inna Earth Permaculture

at SolScape Eco-Retreat
Raglan, Whaingaroa, New Zealand

If there is one thing we can count on, it is change- it is the only constant
in the universe. Especially nowadays, change seems to be the norm. With
this in mind, how can we create resilient and regenerative systems that
provide our basic needs without taxing the environment, and that adapt to
change? We will explore this vital question during this two week intensive
learning experience.

So, what is permaculture? A better way to ask is- what are permacultures, an
how do we design them?

Perma-cultures are perma-nent cultures, be they agricultures, economic
cultures, or social cultures. We can create long-lasting and resilient
systems by mimicking nature in our designs. If we recognize and nurture
relationships in (eco)systems, synergy is the result. By designing for
beneficial relationships we can leverage Nature for the benefit of all,
creating more surplus with less work.

Course Topics include:
• Productive Home and Large Scale Food Production
• Plant Propagation and Nursery Design
• Food forestry, Agroforestry, Broad-Acre Strategies
• Composting and Waste-to-Nutrient Cycling
• Soil building for Sustainable Fertility
• Water Harvesting, Storage, and Conservation Strategies
• Simple Greywater Systems
• Designing with Natural Systems
• Appropriate Technology
• Bio-Regional Organization and Governance
• Alternative Economies and Currencies
• Various Hands-On Practicum

Who will benefit from this course?
• Renters and Urbanites
• Teachers and Designers
• Environmental and Social Activists
• Homesteaders and Hermits
• Farmers and Gardeners
• Business Owners and Entrepreneurs
• Landowners and Property Managers
• Planners and Developers
• Youth and those seeking a career is Sustainable Design
• People preparing for an energy descent future
• Ocean Lovers, and of course Surfers!

Tutors:
Loren Luyendyk- Founding Director Surfers Without Borders and Global
Permaculture
Loren is a lifetime surfer and was inspired to create Surfers Without Borders
to address the issues of ocean pollution through sustainable design. He has
over 12 years experience in Permaculture design and has taught in the USA and
internationally.

Paul Peterson- Inna Earth Permaculture and Xtreme Waste
Paul is a resident of Raglan and a keen surfer. He has many years experience
in Permaculture design and is a very enthusiastic teacher. Paul is also a
part of Xtreme Waste, which aims at reducing waste to zero.

Rick and Liz Thorpe- Organic Farmers, Permaculture Teachers, and Directors of
Xtreme Waste
Rick and Liz have been developing their small farm near Whaingaroa for the
past decade. They combine permaculture principles with the skills and wisdom
they learned from their travels in the Pacific to grow food for their family
and friends as well as a surplus to trade locally.

and many more!

Tuition: NZ$, (US$ a/o 2-12)
Camping: $1395, (US$1164)
Triple Share Caboose: $1564, (US$1305)
Double Caboose or Tipi: $1629, (US$1359)
Single Caboose or Tipi: $1895 (US$1581)

All rates include 3 meals per day, 72 hours
instruction, digital resource materials,
and PDC certificate.

Does not include airfare or airport transfer to or from the venue site.

Limited work trades are available.
Please inquire to surferswithoutborders@gmail.com or info@solscape.co.nz

Visit the SolScape website for more information on the site and
accommodations:
http://www.solscape.co.nz/

Loren Luyendyk
ISA Certified Arborist #WE 7805A
Permaculture Design & Education
(805) 452-8249
www.sborganics.com
www.globalpermaculture.com
www.surferswithoutborders.org

  • [permaculture] PDC in Raglan NZ this March- Designing for Change, loren luyendyk, 02/02/2012