permaculture - [permaculture] CosmoLearning | Your Free Online School: Courses, Video Lectures, Documentaries, Images, Books and more

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] CosmoLearning | Your Free Online School: Courses, Video Lectures, Documentaries, Images, Books and more
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 21:29:13 -0500

CosmoLearning | Your Free Online School: Courses, Video Lectures,
Documentaries, Images, Books and more
http://www.cosmolearning.com/

Created with the goal to provide a free online school, CosmoLearning
(CL) is an educational website committed to improve the quality of
homeschooling, teaching and student excellence, helping educators and
self-learners alike anywhere in the world. Designed to work as a free
homeschool and organized according to traditional curriculum
standards, CosmoLearning provides video lectures, courses,
documentaries, books, quizzes, lecture notes and much more.

In the single word “CosmoLearning”, the prefix "Cosmo" is used in its
original Greek meaning: Universal. CosmoLearning is, in fact, a free
universal portal for education.

Founded with the objective of providing free learning from the world's
top scholars, CosmoLearning gathers and organizes educational content
in an easy-to-use environment. We are working hard to develop an
innovative interface to find and interact with new academic content.
By using the latest technology in web development, we are constantly
working to create a friendly, effective and didactic community, giving
you the freedom to choose what you learn and how you learn. At
CosmoLearning, we believe education benefits our society, especially
when it is accessible to anyone willing to expand their horizons. For
us, freedom to learn means freedom to choose.

CosmoLearning was created for everyone who shares our passion for
learning. We encourage you to explore our website and participate in
our online community, helping us continue to find new ways to make
learning easier for everyone.
Principles

We believe anyone in the world is entitled to free education. With the
increasing availability of thousands of free video lectures by the
world's top scholars and independent contributors, we chose the option
of devoting our time and energy to spread for free all educational
content available on the Web, bringing to our users a friendly and
pleasant educational environment. At the same time, we will fully
promote, with all resources available, the original producers and
institutions, making use only of their material already available
under public domain.
History

In 2006, two siblings – Gab (15) and Rafa (12) - started to look for
valuable educational content on the web to help them improve their
performance in sciences. They found numerous video lectures and books
available dispersedly, in sites like YouTube and Guttenberg, and
decided to organize the content in a friendly environment for their
own use. Months later, they created a website to help other colleagues
eventually looking for the same information. In July 2007, they
started CosmoLearning, helping not only classmates but also thousands
of homeschoolers, undergraduates, teachers and professionals in all
areas.

  • [permaculture] CosmoLearning | Your Free Online School: Courses, Video Lectures, Documentaries, Images, Books and more, Lawrence London, 01/18/2012