permaculture - Re: [permaculture] New Book (The Art of Fermentation), Homestead Restoration, Fermentation Workshops & more

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk" <wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] New Book (The Art of Fermentation), Homestead Restoration, Fermentation Workshops & more
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 06:48:31 +0000 (GMT)

The earlier edition is available for download at www.thegeeks.bz
free signup at the moment.
http://thegeeks.bz/details.php?id=9884
Sandor Ellix Katz - Wild Fermentation (2003) [1 eBook (PDF)]
205 pages, no bookmarks, no ocr.

Ferment of foods is easy and provides delicious healthful enzymes that
are required for digestion.  This book is a good starter with plenty of
simple recipes. No special kitchen gear is required, unless you get
serious about brewing beers.

List of Recipes ix

Foreword by Sally Fallon xi

Acknowledgments xiii

Introduction. Cultural Context: The Making of a Fermentation Fetish 1

Chapter 1. Cultural Rehabilitation: The Health Benefits of Fermented Foods 5

Chapter 2. Cultural Theory: Human Beings and the Phenomenon of Fermentation 13

Chapter 3. Cultural Homogenization: Standardization, Uniformity, and Mass
Production 20

Chapter 4. Cultural Manipulation: A Do-It-Yourself Guide 28

Chapter 5. Vegetable Ferments 38

Chapter 6. Bean Ferments 57

Chapter 7. Dairy Ferments (and Vegan Alternatives) 73

Chapter 8. Breads (and Pancakes) 92

Chapter 9. Fermented-Grain Porridges and Beverages 110

Chapter 10. Wines (Including Mead, Cider, and Ginger Beer) 124

Chapter 11. Beers 141

Chapter 12. Vinegars 152

Chapter 13. Cultural Reincarnation: Fermentation in the Cycles of Life, Soil
Fertility, and Social Change 158

Appendix: Cultural Resources 167

Notes 169

Bibliography 175

Index 181

I do have a copy to share but I do think that the rest of the sight is worth
investigating.

Chris