permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: New Book, Homestead Restoration, Fermentation Workshops & more (new book is "The Art of Fermentation")

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: New Book, Homestead Restoration, Fermentation Workshops & more (new book is "The Art of Fermentation")
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 13:24:15 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Book, Homestead Restoration, Fermentation Workshops & more
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 15:11:45 +0000
From: Sandor Katz <Sandor_Katz@mail.vresp.com>

Hello friends,

Much news to report as we settle in to 2012.

First, my new book, _The Art of Fermentation_ has been completed and is
in production, due out from Chelsea Green Publishing in June. This is
not simply a revised edition of _Wild Fermentation_. _The Art of
Fermentation_ is an entirely new book, far more in-depth, covering many
more topics, and informed by a decade more fermentation experience,
vastly enhanced by having talked to and corresponded with many of you
about your experiences. I am excited to be sharing this and will keep
you posted.

Another exciting development is that my fermentation school will be
moving to Walnut Ridge, an old homestead with an 1840s log cabin, next
door to my longtime home.

Eventually, I will teach workshops and host apprentices here at Walnut
Ridge, but first, the cabin is in need of much overhaul and
rehabilitation. I am looking for a small group of people to work on it
with me (and friends) this coming summer.

Homestead Restoration and Fermentation: A Four-week Residency

June 8-July 5, 2012

Woodbury, TN

www.wildfermentation.com/events.php?id=317
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/25b36d2158/id=317>

www.facebook.com/events/289828574402360/
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/d0af1f5cef>

The idea is that over four weeks, with just a little of our time, we can start and see through to completion many different ferments; while
spending the bulk of our time together restoring this beautiful
homestead. Highest priority will go to people already experienced with
skills such as carpentry, masonry, and plumbing, but there is also space for people with a desire to learn by doing. If anyone with skills to share wishes to help on this project but is not available for those
dates, please be in touch and maybe we can work out another time for you
to come visit and help.

www.wildfermentation.com/events.php?id=317
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/7025bc18ce/id=317>

www.facebook.com/events/289828574402360/
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/9127f844bc>

In addition to this, in the coming months I will be teaching and
speaking near and far:

Hawaii
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/08b4dd8472/id=318>
(January 21-29)

Bali
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/2dc8f3a52e/id=323>
(February 15-20)

Columbia, Missouri
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/8653c8668c/id=325>
(March 13)

DC
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/67c0cbbe79/id=326>
and Maryland
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/bf30909355/id=327>
(March 29-30)

Woodbury, Tennessee
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/b15efcc727/id=291>
(April 12-15)

Chicago
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/7c9236239a/id=322>
(May 24)

Philadelphia
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/561ca10847/id=328>
(June 5)

New Mexico
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/8316c78478/id=330>
(August 22-27).

Check my website (www.wildfermentation.com
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/c7252533e0>)
to see my workshop schedule as well as fermentation educational events
organized by many other people. If you are teaching, please post your
classes on my website at www.wildfermentation.com/event-upload.php
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/b10a1bd0d6>.

Please help spread the word by reposting this or forwarding it to people
you think might be interested.

Keep fermenting, keep sharing skills and good food, and best wishes for
the new year.

Sandor

Sandor Ellix Katz aka sandorkraut
Cultural Revivalist
www.wildfermentation.com
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?FoundationforFerment/d853bcb50d/b6c4ce3ec0/e591c32ccd>Author
of /The Art of Fermentation/ (2012), /The Revolution Will Not Be
Microwaved /(2006),//and/Wild Fermentation/ (2003)

Foundation for Fermentation Fervor
P.O. Box 201
Liberty, TN 37095
US

  • [permaculture] Fwd: New Book, Homestead Restoration, Fermentation Workshops & more (new book is "The Art of Fermentation"), Lawrence F. London, Jr., 01/08/2012