permaculture - [permaculture] EcoLandTech wiki

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Bonney <steve@sustainableearth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] EcoLandTech wiki
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 22:57:29 -0500

On 1/7/2011 12:55 PM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
My main interest is what I call EcoLandTech, i.e. permaculture, biointensive regenerative agriculture, ecological land use and human
habitat and community building. For a long time I have been interested in developing a digital information-sharing network for the global community interested in these things. Part of this involves creating a databse (MySQL/php), a wiki (using MediaWiki and Semantic MediaWiki, blogs, mailing lists, webforums, bookmark sharing resources (Diigo), ftp, an assortment of integrated Google resources and websites. People creating digital media (images, video, audio, text, pdf, html, etc) could export their work into any or all of these web-based, interactive, publically accessable, resources to stimulate and develop an ongoing long term collaboration of people from all over the world, empowering them and stabilizing their lives and helping to build community.
Lawrence,

I share your main interest of EcoLandTech and think that a wiki would be a good method to consolidate the extensive experiential knowledge of subscribers on this and other internet lists. What are your thoughts about this one year after you posted the above?

Steve
Field and Forest Eco-Farm
Indiana USA

--