permaculture - [permaculture] Hacking & precautions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Hacking & precautions
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 12:48:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi Christopher, et al,

The hacking of my Yahoo account was a real pain in the butt.  As far as I
know no one sent any money to the crooks in Spain.

I now have my Yahoo email account back but they deleted all my emails and
contact list. This will hurt my organizing efforts for some time.

One lesson learned is that if this happens to you, try to get your server to
restore the deleted info ASAP.

If anyone wants to learn more about this kind of hacking there is a very good
article (with precautions to avoid hacking) at

www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/11/hacked/8673/

Apologies to everyone for this inconvenience.

Michael Pilarski

--- On Sun, 12/18/11, christopher nesbitt <christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org>