permaculture - Re: [permaculture] slug moat: keep slugs out with water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • Cc: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] slug moat: keep slugs out with water
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 08:34:07 -0600

> Have you looked into uploading your videos to Vimeo, a really nice site
> and a lot of fun?

About every three months, somebody wants me to upload stuff to another
site. The trick, so far, is that I am barely figuring out youtube.
And my internet connection is not terribly fast - so it takes some
work to do an upload. And once the video is up, I feel pretty good
that the information is out there.

So far I haven't really heard anything that makes me think that vimeo
instead of youtube will result in more traffic. the vimeo advocates
suggest that I do both. I imagine that if I take my latest video,
take an hour to get it up on vimeo, that it might get something like 3
views. Not really worth the effort. In the meantime, because I've
uploaded so much to youtube already, once I have something uploaded,
it usually gets a dozen views before I view it on youtube to make sure
it worked out okay.

So .... I just went out and did some research again in this space:
youtube reaches more people, vimeo is more for the professional
videographer. I am not a professional videographer. And I want to
get permaculture into more brains. Therefore, youtube.

--

Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
domination:  http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp