permaculture - [permaculture] Farm Bill partly written by permaculturist?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: cory@permacultureguild.us
  • Subject: [permaculture] Farm Bill partly written by permaculturist?
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 23:24:29 -0700 (PDT)

Someone just told me that Obama's cousin is a permaculturist who helped write
some conservation stuff into the Farm Bill and Conservation Service stuff at
Federal level. He is a relatively dependable source who has dealings with
federal monies but I would need to verify this one. I have not had any time
to check this out or verify/not verify it. He also said the moneys he
allocated were not utilized very well because nobody that usually handles
this money knew how to use it. If this rumor is even slightly true, we should
be all over this (those of us inclined to this aspect of permaculture -
converting farms to sustainable practices and regenerating environments).
Working with Extension services, you sometimes do not have to be able to
write the grants, they will do it or help , as long as you have a place to do
the work or a client that has a place.
>From cory8570@yahoo.com Thu May 5 02:24:39 2011
Someone just told me that Obama's cousin is a permaculturist who helped write
some conservation stuff into the Farm Bill and Conservation Service stuff at
Federal level. He is a relatively dependable source who has dealings with
federal monies but I would need to verify this one. I have not had any time
to check this out or verify/not verify it. He also said the moneys he
allocated were not utilized very well because nobody that usually handles
this money knew how to use it. If this rumor is even slightly true, we should
be all over this (those of us inclined to this aspect of permaculture -
converting farms to sustainable practices and regenerating environments).
Working with Extension services, you sometimes do not have to be able to
write the grants, they will do it or help , as long as you have a place to do
the work or a client that has a place.
>From jk.bernakevitch@gmail.com Fri May 6 13:58:40 2011
Let me know if there's truth to this... cheers,