permaculture - Re: [permaculture] link/video summaries

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Norris Thomlinson <norristh@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] link/video summaries
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 20:05:13 -0700

Jenny Nazak wrote:

> When people post links, particularly links to videos, I would really
> appreciate along with the link, at least a sentence or two about the gist
> of the video, to help people decide whether they want to take time out to
> click on the link, load the video, etc.
>
> I don't always have the bandwidth (either electronic, or mental) to deal
> with a video.
>
> I wonder if any others feel this way too.

I feel the same way. I usually skip links to videos unless someone
includes a compelling reason for me to take a look. I find that
videos often take a lot of time and don't give me much new
information. I can read a well written article and get information
much more quickly than from most videos. But the video media does a
better job in some cases!

Norris

  • Re: [permaculture] link/video summaries, Norris Thomlinson, 04/02/2011