permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Using a Cast Iron Skillet Ain't so Hard!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Using a Cast Iron Skillet Ain't so Hard!
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 23:22:49 -0400

On 3/19/2011 9:54 PM, paul wheaton wrote:
Thanks Lawrence!

If you have some pans that have a lumpy cooking suface, please take
pictures - I could use a "before and after" picture set for the
article.

I just did that to a fine 6" fry pan. I thought it was a cheapo but it has a fine smooth machined cooking surface, a jewel. I'll look for another that needs the treatment and take some B&A pix for you. I ought to line up all my CA ware on a table in the sun for a group photo.
Discovered in a box a Wagner corn stick pan, pristine, no rust and well seasoned. Also found a seasoned round frying griddle that looks just like your new Griswold but no name embossed on it.

As for the treatment I use several size wood chisels to do the scraping
of rust deposits and black seasoning, then wire brush, Bon Ami and stainless scouring pad.