permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Port-Au-Prince and La Gonave

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "L. Santoyo" <santoyo@earthflow.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Port-Au-Prince and La Gonave
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 22:26:23 -0700

Lawrence,

Pretty amazing place. I was last there in the late seventies, I'm a little
anxious about going back.

The last few hundred years there has seen peoples' resilience to pirates,
slave traders, hurricanes, earthquakes, disease and more- but no recovery
there has been so handicapped as people in the wake of the last few
generations of political corruption and the exploitation of lands...

Larry

*L. Santoyo, Director
EarthFlow Design Works
*http://earthflow.com/blog/permaculture-courses