permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Kyusei Nature Farming

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Kyusei Nature Farming
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:59:42 -0400

On 3/15/2011 2:53 PM, georg parlow wrote:
Admittedly I do not like the EM method. While I cannot deny that it
works quite well to use those microorganisms, I do not like the
dependency. When I met with some EM promoters a few years back, I had to
realize that tehy claim a) that it is very difficult to make the brew
year after year without it deterioratin in quality (different to yoghurt
or kefir or kombucha, for example), and that it basically is a black box
product, and the fine print of how to do it, the actual receipe is a
secret. well, maybe this has changed, but back then I decided to ignore
this method.

I think it would not be worth my time either for the same reasons.
Indigenous Microorganisms (IM), compost tea & activated compost tea, fermented plant extracts are all worth the time and effort.

I have a compostteas list you might want to use or read archives:
Compost Teas List
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/compostteas