permaculture - [permaculture] Mowich properties for sale!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: kelda@riseup.net
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Mowich properties for sale!
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:14:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi!

These properties are so awesome (Western Washington State) that I'd really
like to see some permaculture folks move in. Mick and Vicki are moving to
Eastern Wa, and they've done some really cool things to the places. Both
sites are outside Carbonado on the road that leads to Mt. Rainier National
Park.

Check out the Facebook page for the properties here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mowich-Way-Ranch/129938187025474

Or check out my pics:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=16633&uid=61359823591#!/notes/kelda-miller/mowich-properties-for-sale/496920182595

They are willing to do Owner-Contract. Or sell parts of the property or
lease part. Or even just have rad caretaker (though I wouldn't want Mick
to be my landlord EVER, though I love the guy). We had Sepp Holzer
workshop up here and Sepp loved it. Really quite stunning properties, very
rural, off the grid, views of the mountains, magical spring water, deep
forest nearby.

Let's keep these properties in the permaculture family if at all possible!

Mick and Vicki's House and 33 acres: $549,000

*Cozy handbuilt house with big timbers. Kitchen, living room, bedroom and
mudroom downstairs. Loft and storage space above. Kitchen opens onto big
porch that runs the length of the house. House heated by efficient
woodstove in living room.

*Lots of outbuildings: garage with loft, barn, woodstorage, greenhouse,
outhouses, herb store, beautiful octagon cabin that can be rented out or
used for events

*Totally off the grid! Solar panels on the house and/or microhydro from
small creek.

*Spring-fed water

*Series of ponds big and small. Very impressive! Currently stocked with
trout, and make great swimming holes

*Animal paddock/fencing. Different areas can have animals in pasture or
even be camping for big events.

*Doug fir/W Hemlock/Devil's Club ecology. Magical!

*Huge party deck/porch overlooks stunning views of the mountain. Big
enough for full bands and dancers

*Gardens with perennials and herbs, fruit trees.

*Hot tub

*Internet ready

Separate Cabin for Sale on 4 acres: $125,000

*Just across the street from the bigger property listed above

*Cabin has one central room, loft, and separate downstairs for storage

*Heated by woodstove

*New access road, deck, and porch

*Off the grid! Strong solar system

*Spring-fed water

*Beautiful views of Carbon Canyon and Mt. Rainier

*Satellite TV and Internet Ready

*Fenced for animal paddocks

For more info on either property, call Mick at 253-312-8611 or email Vicki
at cascadingherbs@gmail.com