permaculture - Re: [permaculture] corn gluten meal vs. monsanto

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Fritz <johnfritz77@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] corn gluten meal vs. monsanto
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:28:06 -0800 (PST)

Why?  Why is it unrealistic to expect anything to come of it (CGM in place of
RoundUp)? While it appears you would expect a NPSPMDN to be successful both
concepts would be grass roots efforts which have their inherent problems but
I don't see any reason to expect one would be more successul than the other.

David Blume's idea is that CGM as a byproduct of locally produced ethanol
would circumvent Monsanto entirely while eliminating most of the transport
miles.  Sounds pretty simple to me.

Though this might gain a lot of worthwhile, possibly long lasting media
attention (if done right with adequate preparation) but otherwise it is
probably unrealistic to expect that anything will come of it.

A far wiser strategy and better use of people's energies is to build a
NPSPMDN: National Product and Services Production, Marketing and
Distribution Network, a giant multifaceted nationwide
barter-swap-purchase-sell-exchange networked cooperativethat relies on
the KIS principle, a system that could be replicated in other countries.

>From johnfritz77@yahoo.com Mon Jan 31 12:40:50 2011
t96495646; bh=xFXsCqUsY8EpEUOSPX37H3uk1SbOC4P/j4or4KSPMfY=;

h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

b=dRVi2DZndAqZQhuoyyuvrSRsZ7obIuV/1m421J/M1wfVqqWQmf82OUab5Ni97gBLzLOu7qhmwREwB+4YeC0GkhdSTTtS0C03iv2qvaFr9IEpSYTCOFojzkjTOXLsLlQVZOxz6yOtipsp44t9he3X7gMKnEK3ofXNydWIgK6teikDomainKey-Signature:
a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;

h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

b=cLYA9ke2xab+ILhYsS+RKxcOUEk5a21d4t++wz6K+rDpVIpTnpDnHNGGUIZlXArbcO6dPaSYAQP3xhgmItFg32JawJzed7IKmKxzjXnJ05yM1GW80qHZIOnwcIoxuEWCoiZF3bm4OSZy/U+4OdbW63+wCKeI8y1XG66HrGaxWEg=;