permaculture - [permaculture] Need some expert testimony

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Bob Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Need some expert testimony
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:18:54 -0600

As I think I noted here before, I am having problems with OKC code
enforcement over my use of logs in my garden. (see
http://www.bobwaldrop.net/?p=417 for background.) I contend that they are not
trash as defined by the city ordinance, which speaks of trash as being items
that are "refuse, litter, debris, paper, combustible materials, rubbish,
offal, or wastge, or matter of any kind or form which is uncared for,
discarded, or abandoned."

I have yielded on some things, but I am holding out to keep a large trunk of
an elm tree on our property which we use as a bench.

They also want me to enclose my compost pile. It is enclosed on two sides by
a fence, and thus is not visible from the street, but I don't want to enclose
the whole thing. That isn't actually required by the city's code, and it
seems to me that if I enclose it I could run into problems I don't have (like
anaerobic digestion). Anyway, there is going to be a hearing on this and I
am being represented by an attorney, and he suggests I come up with some
expert testimony (either signed/notarized statements, or articles or books
that could be submitted as evidence) regarding the utility and beauty of
using logs in a naturalistic landscape design.

So if anybody has any ideas on articles/books etc, or has some credentials
that might impress a hearing officer, and would be willing to submit a letter
to me that I could use, please contact me in private email at bwaldrop@cox.net

Bob Waldrop
Oklahoma City

  • [permaculture] Need some expert testimony, Bob Waldrop, 01/28/2011