permaculture - [permaculture] Direct Action: Fwd: [SANET-MG] Where are the Seeds for GMO Alfalfa Stored? We Need to Go There.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: Market Farming <marketfarming@lists.ibiblio.org>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Direct Action: Fwd: [SANET-MG] Where are the Seeds for GMO Alfalfa Stored? We Need to Go There.
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:48:20 -0500

------- Original Message --------
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:28:20 -0800
From: Chrys Ostrander <chrys@THEFUTUREISORGANIC.NET>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Folks,

GMO alfalfa seed might already be getting put on trucks to go to farms
to be planted this spring.

See the Center for Food Safety's Press Release:
http://bit.ly/g6knb5

Unless there is an immediate court-ordered injunction suspending any
follow-through from the USDA announcement deregulating GMO alfalfa, we
must consider direct action and non-violent civil disobedience.

Monsanto's partner in developing GMO alfalfa is Forage Genetics
International based in Nampa Idaho (apparently owned by Land O Lakes).

Forage Genetics International
P.O. Box 339
Nampa, ID 83653-0339
Phone: (208) 466-3568
Toll Free: (800) 635-5701
Fax: (208) 466-3684
info@foragegenetics.com

http://www.foragegenetics.com/

Mark McCaslin, PhD
President
mccaslin@foragegenetics.com

Where are the stores of seed for GMO alfalfa located? Let's find them
and sit down in front of the gates so the trucks can't get out. Does
anybody know where the seeds are?

Anyone agree we should consider this?

Chrys

--
*Chrys Ostrander*

Cheney, Wa

chrys@thefutureisorganic.net

  • [permaculture] Direct Action: Fwd: [SANET-MG] Where are the Seeds for GMO Alfalfa Stored? We Need to Go There., Lawrence F. London, Jr., 01/28/2011