permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] The Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto: What Now?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] The Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto: What Now?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:29:23 -0500

On 1/28/2011 12:14 PM, mIEKAL aND wrote:
I think this is a great opportunity for permaculture people to design
pasturing& feed systems that don't utilize commodity crops that are
also genetically engineered. There are gonna be a lot of small
independent farmers that won't have a financial buffer should
contamination occur& they will want to seek some kind of security
that doesn't bet the farm.

~mIEKAL

You're excactly right and that can be done. Now is the time to start
finding the alternative farming methods, materials, techniques and strategies. Learning permaculture first would be a good way to begin.

It would be nice to see the permaculture "elites" address this need,
i.e. farmers needing immediately to seek alternative strategies.

We should discuss this more.

I contributed my part by spending my money on equipment and site preparation for my 6+ acre market farm using totally new equipment and methods, finely tuned btw. I documented it every inch of the way. It is a consuming interest of mine, i.e. everything I do revolves around
homesteading and small scale agriculture.