permaculture - [permaculture] The Friend of a Friend (FOAF) project | FOAF project

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] The Friend of a Friend (FOAF) project | FOAF project
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 12:59:10 -0500

http://www.foaf-project.org/
The Friend of a Friend (FOAF) project

The Friend of a Friend (FOAF) project is creating a Web of machine-readable pages describing people, the links between them and the things they create and do; it is a contribution to the linked information system known as the Web. FOAF defines an open, decentralized technology for connecting social Web sites, and the people they describe. [more...]

FOAF is part of a shift towards a Web where we can choose the sites and tools we like, without being cut off from friends who made different choices. FOAF lets you share and inter-connect information from diverse sources, move it around, and use it in unexpected new ways. [more...]

You can read about how it all works or create a FOAF file to upload. Less technical readers can learn about projects using FOAF. Or simply use some Web sites that publish FOAF for their users. [more...]

"There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don't."

Robert Benchley, Benchley's Law of Distinction

  • [permaculture] The Friend of a Friend (FOAF) project | FOAF project, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 01/07/2011